Ten-year Hopkins resident and Planning & Zoning Commissioner, Gerard, is running for Hopkins City Council. In his announcement, Gerard noted that he is the son of Haitian immigrants who taught him the importance of using one’s gifts to improve society and help those who are less fortunate. He plans to implement a vision of affordability and equity in Hopkins while promoting the city as a destination.
As a nurse practitioner certified in psychiatry, Gerard is a mental health advocate. He lives with his wife, Kathleen, and their two cats, Lila and Titus. His history of community involvement includes the following:
• Chairperson of the Planning and Zoning Commission for two years
• Zoning Regulations Update Working Group
• Hopkins 2040 Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee
• Graduate of the Hopkins Academy
• Founding member of The Hopkins Coalition
• JCI Hopkins